About Mtn Top
Mountaintop is situated in the Pocono Northeast. Access to interstate highways in any direction is quick and easy. Conveniently located on Route 309, Mountaintop lies four miles south of Route 81, eight miles north of Route 80, and ten miles north of the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
What Does Mountaintop Have To Offer?
Mountaintop offers clean air, fresh water, low taxes, excellent schools, friendly people, scenic surroundings, safe streets and a whole lot more. It’s a great place to live and raise a family!
Small Town Charm With Big City Amenities
Nestled between the Penobscot and Nescopeck Mountains, Mountaintop offers its residents rural charm with the conveniences of cosmopolitan living.
Featuring the beauty of the Poconos, no other community in the greater Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area offers you:
- An energetic, growing community;
- variety of stores to meet your everyday shopping needs;
- Sporting and recreational activities which include cold mountain streams full of fish, plus lakes for swimming and boating;
- Churches, community organizations, recreational opportunities to fit your interests;
- Schools that consistently score well above the state expected scores in both reading and math;
- Municipalities that enjoy one of the lowest tax rates in the county;
- The Crestwood Industrial Park, a 1,050 acre park conveniently located in proximity to Interstates 80 and 81, is one of the area’s most popular industrial parks and was recently the site of two of Northeast Pennsylvania’s largest job creation projects ( for additional information visit http://www.wilkesbarre.org/ed ); and,
- Easy access by car or bus to New York City (2 ½ hours), Philadelphia (2 hours), or Washington, D.C. (4 hours).